How to setup a USB thermal printer?
You can print receipts and orders using a USB thermal printer connected to your computer.
- Download the latest version of Waiterio:
Download for Windows
Download for Mac OS X
- Install, open and login into the Waiterio application
- Navigate to the PRINTING tab and click on the button ADD PRINTER
- Set the protocol field to ESC POS
- Set the connection field to usb
- Input a name for your printer
- Click on the SAVE button
- Click on the new printer that just appear in the PRINTING tab
- Be sure your printer is turned on and connected to your computer with the USB cable
- Click on the button PRINT SAMPLE
- If the print fails, follow the additional steps below:
Extra steps on Windows
On Windows you will also need to install the WinUSB driver by following these steps:
- Download, install and the open the Zadig tool
- On the top menu click on Options and select List all devices
- From the gray dropdown at the top under the menu you used in the previous step, choose your USB device from the list
- From the white dropdown white choose WinUSB
- Click on the button Replace Driver
Waiterio can work with any thermal printer that uses the ESC POS protocol.
The Waiterio application must know in advance the USB vendor id of your thermal printer in order to detect it
These are thermal printers brands already detectable by Waiterio:
- Star Micronics (with ESC POS mode enabled)
If your thermal printer isn't being detected by Waiterio and/or it's not in the list above, you will need to find out its USB vendor id and product id and write them to us.
USB thermal printers and mobile devices are difficult to connect directly.
We recommend you to connect your USB thermal printer to a computer which it will act as a proxy by printing orders and receitps sent from the mobile devices. The computer will need to be awake and running the Waiterio application.
If you have to use only mobile devices without a computer, you will need to get an ethernet or a wifi thermal printer.