How to synchronize data across multiple devices?
All the data of your restaurant is synchronized automatically across all the smarphone/tablets/computers that have a stable wifi connection and are logged in the same restaurant.
Why my orders aren't appearing on some device?
An order should appear on every device of your restaurant few seconds after that a waiter has sent it. This is also true for all the changes made to menu and the tables.
If your orders aren't synchronizing please read the points below to find out how to fix it.
A) Multiple restaurants
The first thing to do if your orders or menu aren't synchronizing is to be sure that all the devices of your restaurant are logged in the very same restaurant. Follow these steps to be sure of this:
B) Unstable internet connection
- Open Waiterio app and login
- Navigate to the ACCOUNT tab
- Click on the Logout button
- Log back in the app
- If during the login you are asked to choose a restaurant then your user is part of multiple restaurants. You will have to pay extra attention to login in the very same restaurant on all your smartphones/tablets/computers where you are using Waiterio
- Repeat the step above for ALL the devices of your restaurant.
Waiterio requires a stable internet connection in order to synchronize data across all devices. Read the checklist below to discover more about how to have a stable internet connection:
C) Sleepy devices
- Use a DSL or fiber optic connection
- Avoid mobile network connection with SIM cards
- Use a modern and high quality wifi hotspot router
- Verify your connection is working properly by visiting a major website like Google in the browser
- Test the speed and ping of your connection on www.speedtest.net
- Don't subscribe to the cheapest DSL provider on the market. You will save yourself many headaches along the way. Tourists love fast free wifi in restaurants. Having a free wifi is a must in cafes.
Sometimes your orders synchronize correctly after you have logout and log back in but they stop synchronizing correctly after few minutes.
This is either caused by an unstable internet connection or by the device going into sleep mode. Read the checklist below to discover more about how to avoid your device to go into sleep mode:
- Disable all energy saving options
- Disable all energy saving options/sleep modes for the screen
- Disable all energy saving options/sleep modes for the Wifi interface
- Do not purchase the cheapest device available. Very cheap devices are more likely to have problems and usually need to be replaced more often. Very cheap devices are more expensive in the long run.
- Leave the device connected to a charging cable to see if anything changes.
- Try to notice if the synchronization problem happen only on some devices.
- Try to notice if the synchronization problem happen only at specific times of the day.
Please be sure to try all the solutions above before contacting the support. Otherwise the support will just ask you to check each of the point above one by one and you will waste a lot of your time.